It is known that the major objective of visiting sites in the Internet is the search for information. There are two ways of obtaining the necessary information: you can either enter URL address in the browser, or enter a query into information retrieval system and then choose the necessary site out of suggested. The second way becomes more and more popular.
You will ask how to make your site be in the list of suggested sites? Moreover, it is to be wished that your site should be among the first in this list.
First of all, you need to form the semantic kernel of the site. Semantic kernel of the site is the list of so called key words, which define the subject of your site in the most precise manner and which are mostly used in search for your goods or services in the World Wide Web.
Forming this list is of great importance for your site further advance and you should pay much attention to it. There is no use of getting into details, so let’s jump right to the process.
So, shortly the algorithm of forming the semantic kernel of the site can be described in following steps:
1. Considering the subject of the site and its purpose (or company sphere) you need to form a list of key words. The number of these words is not limited.
2. When you have formed the list, you need to check the query statistics of the key words. We suggest using following tools to check the statistics:
Keyword Selector Tool & Google Trends
First of all you need to check how often the key words you have chosen are used, check your competitors' sites and then define inner rating of key words usage. We suggest you making a rating table. For instance:
| Query number per month
| Custom software development
| 6 678
| Internet consulting
| 6 242
| Process automation software
| 4 550
| Automation software
| 4 321
Remember, that it is much easier to compete on the words, the query number of which varies from 500 to 2 000 per month.
3. The next step is to write texts for your site using the words you have already chosen: by means of meta-tags, description using meta-tags in headings.
4. After publication of the texts at the site you can additionally publish references to your site in different catalogues, weblogs and so on.
5. When the site is launched, trace your site visiting statistics, optimize texts, increase the content of you site.
It may seem that this work is absolutely useless, but if you manage to properly form the semantic kernel of your site, you will be able to define the size of the target audience and, consequently, the potential attendance of your site which later will provide further successful advance of your site in information retrieval systems.
By Development for the Masses, your Internet business solution company.